Save the date for Floatfest 2019!
PADDLES TO THE READY!
#Floatfest19 is coming!
Floatfest 201 is an event event proudly instigated by the members of the Murraylands Regional Tourist Association, to encourage you to visit our wonderful Region, and experience life by the River.
Floatfest is a family focused event attempting to break a World Record to gather the largest number of floating kayaks and canoes by “Paddling into the Record Books”.
We encourage you to join us in our attempt toget as many canoes and kayaks on the Murray River at Murray Bridge as possible on Sunday the 8th of April 2018, and put this region into the Record Books!
Core Activities at Floatfest 2019
- Inflatables Regatta
- Original record attempt - to gather as many kayaks and canoes rafted together for the record attempt
- Second record attempt - to line as many canoes/kayaks along the banks of the Murray River as we can!
- kayaking demonstrations and instruction for paddling skills/techniques
- indigenous history of the Murray River
- Much more to be announced soon!
Purpose of Floatfest
The purpose of Floatfest is the education surrounding water safety in any setting but particularly on the Murray River. Water safety is paramount both for communities, migrants and international visitors to the river. Additionally the Floatfest team focus on the educational elements of healthy and active lifestyles, community inclusion, and the education of the environment surrounding the river. Finally Floatfest seeks to increase the region's tourism relevance of the river and its surrounding regions as a tourism destination.
For information on some of the great things you can do while visiting the Murray River, Lakes and Coorong visit our BLOG.