Terms and Conditions for Social Media Competitions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to participants and attendants of Floatfest 2017. However, employees and their immediate families of the Murraylands Regional Tourist Association Inc. and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- The competitions will be held once. Winners will be selected by midnight of the nominated closing date. The winners will be contacted by Jen Whitehorn to arrange for delivery of the prize, which will occur in May 2017.
- Entry into the competitions is free (unless otherwise stated).
- Entrants in the competition may enter once per email address.
- You warrant that:
- all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
- you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- you will comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements;
- the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- You warrant that:
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes incomplete entries, objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
- No component of the prizes can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity; proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. email account holder). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
- Each valid entrant will be judged by the author of the article or another member of Floatfest.
- In the event that a prize winner is unable to be contacted, the Promoter will retain the prize for one (1) week from the date of the judges’ decision. If any prize is not claimed within one (1) week of the date of the judges’ decision, the judges may determine another winner for the unclaimed prize. A winner of any unclaimed prize will be the prize winner for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Information supplied when logging your comment will be used by Jen Whitehorn to contact you in the event your comment is selected as the winning entry. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The Promoter is the Murraylands Regional Tourist Association Inc. (ABN: 25 339 324 252) of PO Box 344, Murray Bridge, SA 5253.
By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).