Never heard of geocaching or have heard about it and been wondering what it is?
Geocaching is like a big outdoor treasure hunt in the real world where you follow clues to search for hidden containers called geocaches or caches. Anyone with a GPS device or smartphone can play.
Anyone can play using a GPS or a smartphone to locate the hidden container or geocaches, record the find and then share their experience with the rest of the Geocaching community.
At its simplest level, Geocaching requires these 8 steps:
- Register for a free Basic Membership
- Visit the “Hide & Seek a Cache” page
- Enter your postal code and click “search”
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online
Source: Play & Go Adelaide