2020 Official Programme
Floatfest is all about getting people out on the water to try new activities and have fun doing the activities they love, especially canoeing & kayaking, while enjoying the Murray River. We encourage and facilitate the learning of skills, particularly motor skills, by offering FREE canoeing workshops and water activities. We also have the pull of the record attempts as a way to have some fun, raise some money for Can:Do 4Kids!
This year we will be joining the Purnong Water Regatta for their inaugural event on March 14th and 15th 2020!
Highlights of Floatfest:
- Largest raft of canoes/kayaks Official Guinness World Record was set in Sept 2014 – 3,150 (View Here)
- Our highest record is 185 kayaks in 2016
- Largest simultaneous launch of canoes/kayaks Guinness World Record was set in Aug 2014 – 396 (view here)
- We had planned to attempt this in 2017 but due to weather did not proceed
- Longest line of canoes – no record that we can find
- our Record in 2017 was 45
Due to the large number we would have to beat and the duplication of our event in Perth by Canoe WA we decided to bring our attempts down to a local level – aiming to retain the Australian Highest record. The WA event, Unite on the Swan, claim to have beaten us with their record for largest raft of canoes being 263 in 2017.
Don't forget to Follow our Facebook page for up to date results during the event!